Lewisville-Clemmons Chamber of Commerce
March 11, 2014
Joanna Lyall opened the March meeting and welcomed members and guests. New members were announced. They are: New Sponsor Members: Debbie McCliment with Allegacy Federal Credit Union; Lisa Freemen with Yadtel Group and Jo Frazier with Heritage Woods. New Members: Tom Luebchow with VEMMA Nutrition Company; Susan Morris with The Arts Council of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County; Julie Wells-Keefe with Wells-Keefe, PA; Mark Morphies with Talk of the Town Coupons.
Next, Jody Peske made a motion to approve the February minutes. Jack Ingle seconded the motion. All in attendance approved and motion was passed.
Lisa Miller with Simply Southern Cuisine spoke next. For information on Simply Southern Cuisine please visit their website at: www.mysimplysouthern.com.
Joanna next introduced Margaret Collins with the Center for Creative Economy. They were sponsored by Wells Fargo Bank. Margaret gave a presentation on the following:
- Creative Economy consists of businesses and organizations that make or market products and services associated with innovation, aesthetics, design or culture.
- Mission: to serve as a catalyst for innovation by driving product and business development; stimulating connections between innovators and businesses, and promoting economic development and job growth.
- Programs are: Triad Design Leadershop, Swerve and DesignLink.
- Creative industry jobs create $12 billion in wages and impact the success of all economic sectors. A successful creative economy attracts talent and other businesses to the area, increasing the pace of innovation, commerce and tourism.
- A Leadershop with a keynote speaker and workshop will be held April 22nd and 23rd.
- For more information, their website is: www.CenterforCreativeEconomy.com.
Next, meeting guests introduced themselves.
Sponsor and Corporate member infomercials were given by:
Kristin Johnson with the Broyhill Historic Events Center spoke about “Say No to O” fundraiser that is happening now. You can adopt a teal flamingo for $20.
Laura Holby with Novant spoke about the one year anniversary for Clemmons Medical Center. They are having a community event to celebrate on April 13th from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
Claudia Page, VP of Meeting and Events presented the upcoming events for the Chamber. They are: April 14th from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm, ribbon cutting, one year anniversary for Christina’s Dessertery. Also, a Business after Hours event will be hosted by Lindsay and Gardner, CPAs on May 22nd. Claudia mentioned to please contact her if anyone was interested in hosting an event.
Next, Jack Ingle presented his VP of Economic Development Report. The full report can be found on the Chamber website under the Tab News/Chamber News.
Joanna next thanked the Clemmons Community Day sponsors. A full list can be found on the Chamber website at: www.lewisville-clemmons.com.
Next, Joanna presented information on what the Board of Directors are working on. The Executive Committee has met, the Chamber By-Laws will be updated and a survey will be coming out soon from the Marketing Committee.
Infomercials were given by the following Chamber members:
- Tim Ebert with Ebert Financial Services
- Keela Johnson with Forsyth Magazines
- Shea Crutchfield with The Mosquito Authority
- Anna Tampanna with The Connecting Force
- Dan Santarelli with Modern Toyota
- John Hernandez with Vogler and Sons
- Tom Luebchow with Vemma
- Mark Morphies with Talk of the Town Coupons
- Yvette Aramendiz with CleaNet, Inc.
Door prizes were handed out.
Next meeting: April 8, 2014 at 11:30 am to 1:00 pm
Thank you to our Sponsor and Corporate Members
Across the Horizons – Allegacy Federal Credit Union – Bermuda Village Retirement Community – Blue Moon Benefits Group – Broyhill Historic Events Center – Clemmons Community Foundation – Clemmons Courier – Clemmons Free Press – Costco – Dickson Interactive – Ds2 Creative – Dulaney Group – East Coast Wings and Grill – Ebert Financial Services – Flex Pay Payroll Services – Gwyn Electrical, Plumbing, Heating and Cooling, Inc. – Hayworth Miller Funeral Home – Heritage Woods – Hire-a-Hubby – Keller Williams Realty – Lindsay & Gardner CPA’s LLP – Lowes Foods – Marzano Capital Group – Neo Media, Inc. – Novant Health – Piedmont Natural Gas – Piedmont Triad Computer Consulting – PNC Bank – Simply Southern Cuisine – SixFour Web Design – The Portrait Gallery – Vienna Village Assisted Living – Wake Forest Baptist Health – Wells Fargo – Winston Salem Dental Care – Winston Salem Journal/Journal West – Yadtel Group