Lewisville-Clemmons Chamber of Commerce
February 11, 2014
Joanna Lyall opened the February meeting and welcomed members and guests. New members were announced. They are: New Sponsor Members – Richard Harrington and Lee Leisure with Gwyn Electrical, Plumbing, Heating and Cooling, Inc. New Corporate Members – Jon Marzano with Marzano Capital Group; Phil Morgan with Piedmont Natural Gas. New Members – Jeffrey White with Hire a Hubby; Michael Dyer with OnSite Clinical Solutions, LLC; Michael and Christina Johnson with Christina’s Dessertery; Michelle DiPietro with New Horizons Child Care, Inc.; and Patricia McLean with Positive Team Builders, LLC.
Next, Jack Ingle made a motion to approve the January minutes. Paul Johnson seconded the motion. All in attendance approved and motion was passed.
Joanna next announced that the Village of Clemmons Council members voted to approve $5,000 to sponsor Clemmons Community Day. Joanna thanked Dana Bryson for preparing and presenting the fund request to the Village Council.
Clemmons Community Day sponsors were announced next. There are: Platinum level – Novant, Jerry Long Family YMCA, and Village of Clemmons. Gold level – Lewisville-Clemmons Chamber of Commerce and Wake Forest Baptist Health. Corporate level – Blue Moon Benefits Group, Lindsay & Gardner CPA’s LLP, Forsyth Magazines, Marzano Capital Group, Winston Salem Journal/Journal West. Friend level – Gwyn Electrical, Plumbing, Heating and Cooling, Inc., Hospice and Palliative Care Center, Hunter Realty and Property Management, Joanna Lyall, Jody Peske – Keller Williams Realty.
Next, Joanna shared news about Board Member Tim Miller being diagnosed with lung cancer. She announced that Tim has resigned from the Board and the Chamber will have a special election today to replace Tim as Vice President of Community Service. Joanna asked for any nominations for this position. John Golden was the only individual on the ballot. Teresa Lindsay made a motion to elect John Golden as the new Vice President of Community Service. Ed Dean seconded the motion. The Chamber agreed and the motion was passed.
Lori Harvey with Dine by Design spoke next about the food being served today was healthy. She also spoke about the services they offer at her catering business.
Joanna next introduced Lindsey Kimble with the Jerry Long Family YMCA. Lindsey gave a presentation on the following:
- The YMCA is a non-profit organization.
- Their cause is to strengthen the community.
- The Jerry Long YMCA has the following programs to offer: LiveStrong is offered to adult cancer survivors. It is a free 12 week program. Diabetes Prevention is offered to individuals that are pre-diabetic. It is a 12 week program. Bright Beginnings is an annual program that takes children on a bus to Target to shop for school supplies. Youth and Government is an educational program for high school students that increases awareness of the government process. Open Doors/Financial Assistance and the Annual Giving Campaign gives financial assistance/scholarships to individuals that wish to participate in their programs and raises money for the programs at the Y.
- Any donation is appreciated.
Lindsey next answered questions and gave away two door prizes. The winners were Jorge Vidal and Jeff White.
Sponsor and Corporate member infomercials were given by:
- Frank Samuelson with Clemmons Community Foundation. The Foundation is a non-profit business that has 13 members. Board members are invited to the join. The Foundation presented a check for $21,000 to Lindsey Kimble with the Jerry Long YMCA.
- Laura Holby with Novant spoke about a heart healthy event that is happening in March at their Harper Road facility.
Next, Jack Ingle presented his VP of Economic Development Report. The full report can be found on the Chamber website under the Tab News/Chamber News.
Infomercials were given by the following Chamber members:
- Pat McLean with Positive Team Builders, LLC
- Leslie Martin with West Forsyth High School Finance Academy
- Paul Johnson with ING Financial
- Dana Bryson with Village Inn Events Center
- Brad Hunter with Hunter Realty and Property Management
- Sharon Kinnamon with Natural Foot Care (guest)
Door prizes were handed out.
Introductions were next and meeting was adjourned.
Next meeting: March 11, 2014 at 11:30 am to 1:00 pm
Thank you to our Sponsor and Corporate Members
Across the Horizons – Allegacy Federal Credit Union – Bermuda Village Retirement Community – Blue Moon Benefits Group – Broyhill Historic Events Center – Clemmons Community Foundation – Clemmons Courier – Clemmons Free Press – Costco – Dickson Interactive – Ds2 Creative – Dulaney Group – East Coast Wings and Grill – Ebert Financial Services – Flex Pay Payroll Services – Gwyn Electrical, Plumbing, Heating and Cooling, Inc. – Hayworth Miller Funeral Home – Hire-a-Hubby – Keller Williams Realty – Lindsay & Gardner CPA’s LLP – Lowes Foods – Marzano Capital Group – Neo Media, Inc. – Novant Health – Piedmont Natural Gas – Piedmont Triad Computer Consulting – PNC Bank – Simply Southern Cuisine – SixFour Web Design – The Portrait Gallery – Vienna Village Assisted Living – Wake Forest Baptist Health – Wells Fargo – Winston Salem Dental Care – Winston Salem Journal/Journal West