Lewisville-Clemmons Chamber of Commerce
January 14, 2014
Joanna Lyall opened the January general meeting and welcomed chamber members and guests.
New chamber members were welcomed. They are: Jim Todd with Grapes and Grains; new Sponsor member, Rick Baker with Clemmons Free Press and new Corporate member, Linda Winstead with PNC Bank.
Joanna next congratulated Keela Johnson with Forsyth Woman Magazine on their 100th issue milestone.
Next, Paul Johnson made a motion to approve the minutes from the December meeting. Teresa Lindsay seconded the motion and the minutes were approved.
Kyle Agha with New Town Bistro and Bar spoke next about the services they offer. Please visit their website at: www.newtownbistro.com for information on their events and specials.
The Spotlight Speakers were Bob Hayes and Kate Allred with Lowes Foods. They gave a presentation on the following:
- Excited to “show off” their new store.
- The remodeling project took one year to complete.
- Worked with 112 shoppers to ask what they wanted to see in the new store.
- Some new areas in the store include: Pick-n-Prep; Chicken Kitchen; Sausage Works; and the Beer Den.
- The Community Table has events and classes that are free to the public.
- The Community Table will have local products, chefs, local businesses and local wineries
- Lowes will offer more local produce and vendors.
Kate thanked everyone and mentioned that the Ribbon Cutting and Grand Re-Opening was a success. Lowes then gave out goody bags to all in attendance. The door prize winner of the Lowes Foods basket was Kyle Agha.
Next, Joanna introduced Jon Marzano with Southwest Forsyth Little League. This organization is an all-volunteer organization. They are kicking off their 2014 Capital Campaign looking for sponsors. Please follow the link below for more information.
Sponsor and Corporate Member Infomercials were given by:
- Mike Esposito with Wake Forest Baptist Health. It is the second year anniversary of WFBH Clemmons Medical Center. They are open seven days a week and see on average 400-600 patients a week.
- Tim Ebert with Ebert Financial spoke about the seven mistakes that retirement rookies make. He said to have a plan and to seek financial advice.
Joanna next mentioned that Clemmons Community Day needs sponsors. A sponsor letter and form will be e-mailed out to all chamber members. Jody Peske also mentioned that Clemmons Community Day is a fun day and to reserve a booth early.
Next, Jack Ingle, VP of Economic Development gave a presentation on the economic development in this area. His information can be found on our website at: www.lewisville-clemmons.com. Please look under the tab News/Chamber News.
Infomercials were given by:
- Paul Johnson with ING Financial
- Shelby Peske with Village Inn Event Center
- Sharon Benson with Community Insurance Agency
- Cynthia Giles with Costco
- Blake Johnson with Triad Electric
- Chris Hudson with Hudson Video and Stage Productions
Door prizes were handed out.
Meeting was adjourned.
Next meeting will be February 11, 2014.
Thank you to our Sponsor and Corporate Members
Across the Horizons – Bermuda Village Retirement Community – Blue Moon Benefits Group – Broyhill Historic Events Center – Clemmons Community Foundation – Clemmons Courier – Clemmons Free Press – Costco – Dickson Interactive – Ds2 Creative – Dulaney Group – East Coast Wings and Grill – Ebert Financial Services – Flex Pay Payroll Services – Hayworth Miller Funeral Home – Keller Williams Realty – Lindsay & Gardner CPA’s LLP – Lowes Foods – Marzano Capital Group – Neo Media, Inc. – Novant Health – Piedmont Natural Gas – Piedmont Triad Computer Consulting – PNC Bank – Simply Southern Cuisine – SixFour Web Design – The Portrait Gallery – Vienna Village Assisted Living – Wake Forest Baptist Health – Wells Fargo – Winston Salem Journal/Journal West