Lewisville-Clemmons Chamber of Commerce
November 12, 2013
Jorge Vidal opened the November general meeting and welcomed chamber members and guests.
New chamber members were welcomed. They are: Janet Sheppard with Davie Construction Company; Art Blackwood with Old Hickory Council, Boy Scouts of America; Denise Bump with Bump Design; Brian Highsmith with BH Enterprise, Inc. Chris Philipbar with LIMU. Also, new Sponsor Members: Teresa Lindsay and Amy Gardner with Lindsay and Gardner CPA’s LLP.
Next, Jody Peske made a motion to approve the minutes from the October meeting. Paul Johnson seconded the motion and the minutes were approved.
Lori Harvey with Dine by Design Catering spoke about the services they offer. To learn more visit their website at www.dinebydesign.net.
The Spotlight Speakers were Wendy and Shawn Dulaney with Dulaney Group. They gave a presentation on the following:
- Dulaney Group is a local company started in 2010.
- Over 18 years of experience in network engineering and IT management, software development, and operations.
- Some services they offer are: server and workstation support; onsite and remote support; 24/7 monitoring; phones, IT project management; disaster recovery planning.
- IT security is important for the following reasons: protects your business from outside intrusions; keeps your business running smoothly with little or no downtime; saves money in the long run and helps with budgeting by protecting your biggest investment (hardware and software).
- Some examples of their monitoring include: 24/7 proactive monitoring – remote and on-site; identifying network issues; giving peace of mind due to no lost business with systems being down for long periods.
- Firewalls are used to prevent unauthorized Internet users from accessing private networks connected to the Internet.
- Backing up refers to the copying and archiving of computer data so it may be used to restore the original after a data loss event,
- Please visit their website for more information at: www.dulaneygroup.co.
Next, Jorge introduced Ed Simmons with Neo Media, Inc. He gave a short presentation on their “unofficial” Village of Clemmons website. They will promote events for free. The purpose of their site is to get conversation going in Clemmons and surrounding areas. For more information please visit their website at: http://villageofclemmons.com/.
Rachel Zink with Arts for Life spoke next about the fundraiser being held at Tanglewood Park on November 22, 2013. The 2nd Annual Roll and Stroll is a family fun ride and walk through the Festival of Lights. She asked chamber members to volunteer and help get the word out about the event.
John Golden, VP of Networking spoke next about the Wednesday and Thursday networking groups.
Joanna Lyall spoke to the chamber member about Clemmons Community Day on April 26, 2014. She asked chamber members for their suggestions and comments.
Next, Dana Bryson, VP of Economic Development gave a presentation on the economic development in this area. Her information can be found on our website at: www.lewisville-clemmons.com. Please look under the tab News/Chamber News.
The 2014 Board of Directors and 2014 Membership Awards were voted on and the winners will be announced at the December meeting.
Jorge next mentioned that sign-up is now taking place for the 2014 Welcome Bag Program. Please contact Ginny Chase if you are interested in participating.
Door prizes were handed out.
Meeting was adjourned.
Next meeting will be December 10, 2013.
Thank you to our Sponsor and Corporate Members
Across the Horizons – Bermuda Village Retirement Community – Broyhill Historic Events Center – Clemmons Courier – Costco – Dickson Interactive – Ds2 Creative – Dulaney Group – East Coast Wings and Grill – First Community Bank – Flex Pay Payroll Services – Forsyth Country Day School – Hayworth Miller Funeral Home – Keller Williams Realty – Lindsay & Gardner CPA’s LLP – Lowes Foods – Neo Media, Inc. – Novant Health – Piedmont Triad Computer Consulting – SixFour Web Design – The Law Offices of Timothy Wellborn – The Portrait Gallery – Vienna Village Assisted Living – Wake Forest Baptist Health – Wells Fargo – Winston Salem Journal/Journal West