Arts for Life “Roll and Stroll”
Friday evening, November 22
Tanglewood Park – Roll and Stroll”
“Arts for Life” Holiday Kickoff Fundraiser…
Family Fun Bike Ride, Stroller Push, Wagon Pull and Casual Walk
Pre register and/or start your fundraising team at www.aflnc.org
Event day registration opens at 4:30 —Event start time is 6:00 through 7:30
The event: www.aflnc.org click on the event icon.
A casual evening “ROLL and STROLL” through the beautiful “Festival of Lights” Holiday light show at Tanglewood Park in Clemmons. The fundraising event will be the evening before the park opens to the public. It will be our “Arts for Life” supporters, their families and friends enjoying the light show without any automobile traffic. Register early for the event and set up a fundraising page at: www.aflnc.org Event day registration opens at 4:30 pm at Tanglewood shelter 2. The “Roll and Stroll” begins at 6 pm but we will continue starting our participants through 7:30, so if you are running late come on out. Arts for Life is NOT a United Way agency, so this event, our sponsors and our participants fundraising efforts are very important to us. Join us for this unique opportunity to kick off your holiday season and start a holiday tradition.
Questions: 480-7906 Arts for Life website: www.aflnc.org
– A casual family & friends bicycle ride, stroller push, wagon pull and walk. From shelter 2 to shelter 4 and back. All wheel chairs welcome (no roller skates, skate boards or motorized scooters).
– The “Roll & Stroll” event is pet friendly for responsible dogs who have their PET HUMANS on a leash.
– The trip from Shelter 2 to Shelter 4 and back is about 3 miles. There is an optional loop up by the club house that will add about 1/3 mile to the experience.
– Shelter 2 will be the gathering and starting point for the evening.
– Shelter 4 will have an Arts for Life program and activities including snacks, coffee, entertainment and other treats.
– Santa and Mrs. Claus will be in attendance!
– Our participants will begin their experience at 6:00 pm, but we will continue to start our new arrivals until 7:30, so if someone is running late because of work, they will still have the opportunity to enjoy the evening with us.
– We will also have entertainment along the beautiful “Festival of Lights” route on the way to Shelter 4.
– There will be no entrance fees for participant cars entering the park.
– We will have event sponsors, both cash and in kind.
– There will be participant registration fees: over 12, $20 each, 12 and under, with an adult, free. All additional donations are accepted and appreciated.
– Similar to fundraising walks, we encourage our participants to raise additional money for the Arts for Life mission.
– Register and set up fundraising pages at: wwww.aflnc.org
– AFL tee shirts would be awarded to adult participants who raise an additional $80 and reach a minimum $100 total donation level ($20 registration + and additional $80 to reach $100).
– Children under 12 (who have no registration fee) that raise at least $50 will also receive an Arts for life tee shirt.
– We will have special recognition and awards for our top fundraisers.
Arts For Life is a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting children facing cancer and other serious illnesses. By providing educational art programs, we enrich young patients’ lives, nurture their minds and spirits, and encourage positive healthcare experiences for children and their families. In 2011, we brought high-quality art, music, and creative writing lessons to over 4,500 children and their families in four hospitals in North Carolina: Mission Children’s Hospital (Asheville), Brenner Children’s Hospital (Winston-Salem), Presbyterian Hemby Children’s Hospital (Charlotte), and Duke Children’s Hospital (Durham).