Lewisville-Clemmons Chamber of Commerce
July 9, 2013
Jorge Vidal opened the July general meeting and welcomed chamber members and guests.
A motion was made by Brad Hunter to accept the minutes from the June meeting. Maggie Moe seconded the motion. All chamber members agreed and the minutes were approved.
Jorge then introduced Heather Hayes with Wake Forest Baptist Health. She gave a presentation on the new Davie Medical Center. Some highlights are:
- Heather has spent seven years working on this project.
- Located off of I-40, exit 180. Across from Lowes Foods.
- Will open two facilities this year on the Davie campus.
- They will offer a different medical experience with all surface level parking, clear signage and the ability to get there quickly.
- Medical Plaza 1 will have physician offices such as orthopedics, podiatry, cardiology, ophthalmology, and neurology.
- Medical Plaza 1 will offer physical therapy, cardiology rehab and a pharmacy.
- Medical Plaza 1 will open in mid-August.
- Medical Plaza 2 will open in mid-October.
- Medical Plaza 2 will be a hospital without beds.
- No inpatient care until 2017.
- Offer services 24/7/365 such as surgery, imaging, lab work, and diagnostic services.
- Medical Plaza 2 will have 16 exam rooms and an emergency room department.
- Davie Medical Center will have a community day on October 12, 2013 and a “preview” night for chamber members on October 9, 2013.
Jorge thanked Heather for her presentation.
Jorge then introduced Don Timmons with Arts for Life. Don gave a presentation on the “Roll and Stroll” holiday kickoff event at Tanglewood Park on Friday night, November 22nd. Don asked chamber members to help with this event by volunteering and or helping sponsor the “Roll and Stroll.” It is a family friendly event that you can bike, push a stroller or walk through Tanglewood Park to see the lights. Please visit their website at www.aflnc.org to learn more about Arts for Life.
Claudia Page, VP of Meetings and Events, spoke about the August 13th general chamber meeting. It will have Across the Horizons as our Spotlight Speaker and Dine by Design will be the caterer. On July 16th Hospice and Palliative Care Center will host a Business after Hours event. The Winston-Salem and Kernersville chambers will also be invited.
Chad Smith with Mac & Nelli’s next spoke about his restaurant and the different events they have coming up. Please visit their website for more information, www.macandnellis.com.
Next, Dana Bryson, VP of Economic Development gave a presentation on the economic development in this area. Her information can be found on our website at: www.lewisville-clemmons.com. Please look under the tab News/Chamber News.
Jorge thanked the Vice Presidents for their reports.
Next introductions were made by chamber members.
One minute commercials were made by:
- Dana Bryson with The Village Inn and Event Center
- Tina Stearns with Hospice and Palliative CareCenter
Next, door prizes were handed out.
Meeting was adjourned.
Next meeting will be August 13, 2013.
Thank you to our Sponsor and Corporate Members
Across the Horizons – Broyhill Office Suites – Clemmons Courier – Comtech Solutions – Costco – Dickson Interactive – Ds2 Creative – First Community Bank – Flex Pay Payroll Services – Forsyth Country Day School – Hayworth Miller Funeral Home – Novant Health – Piedmont Triad Computer Consulting – SixFour Web Design – The Law Offices of Timothy Wellborn – The Meadowbrook House – The Portrait Gallery – Vienna Village Assisted Living – Wake Forest Baptist Health – Wells Fargo – Winston Salem Journal/Journal West