Lewisville-Clemmons Chamber of Commerce
April 9, 2013
Jorge Vidal opened the April general meeting and welcomed chamber members and guests.
A motion was made by Teresa Lindsay to accept the minutes from the March meeting. Gayle Goldsmith Tuch seconded the motion. All chamber members agreed and the minutes were approved.
Jorge introduced Kristin Johnson with Broyhill Office Suites. Kristin spoke about the “Say No to the O” event that is happening at Broyhill on Friday, April 12, 2013. Teal color flamingos are for sale for $20 each. The money will go to the fight against ovarian cancer.
Kyle Agha with New Town Bistro and Bar spoke about the different events his restaurant has coming up. For more information please visit his website at: www.newtownbistro.com.
Jorge then introduced Dr. Branch with Wake Forest Baptist Health. He gave a presentation on the following:
- We are fortunate to have two major hospitals in this area.
- In November 2012 WFBH transitioned its spine services from the main WFBH Medical Center to Medical Plaza – Clemmons location. It consolidated services to create the multi-disciplinary Spine Center.
- The expansion has enhanced the services offered and the patient experience.
- The WFBH Spine Center is a multi-specialty clinic that combines all facets of spine care services.
- It offers multi-disciplinary care in a single location.
- WFBH is ranked in the top 50 hospitals nationally by US News/World Report.
- The Medical Plaza – Clemmons location offers easy drive-up, drop off and parking. It is also patient friendly.
- Offers onsite imaging, MRI and X-ray services.
- Has a great physical therapy and rehab facility.
- Wake Forest Baptist Health Spine Center 336.716.WAKE or 336.713.2121.
Jorge thanked Dr. Branch for his presentation.
Joanna Lyall, Vice Chair, gave an update on Clemmons Community Day. She listed the different sponsor levels and talked about the activities planned for April 27th. The deadline to sign up to be a $100 Friend Sponsor is April 19th. The deadline for signing up for a booth is April 12th.
Next, Dana Bryson, VP of Economic Development gave a presentation on the economic development in this area. Her information can be found on our website at: www.lewisville-clemmons.com. Please look under the tab News/Chamber News.
Jorge thanked the Vice Presidents for their reports.
Jorge next mentioned that we need volunteers for Clemmons Community Day, Fair in the Square and the Tanglewood Dog Park Dedication Party. Please sign up today to volunteer.
One Minute Commercials were made by the following businesses:
- Gayle Goldsmith Tuch with Gayle Goldsmith Tuch, PC
- Dana Bryson with The Village Inn Event Center
- Helen Naples with Woman’s Wellness and Fitness
- Todd Lockhart with Bridges Wealth Management
- Ashleigh Conley with Regency Care of Clemmons
- Shea Crutchfield with The Mosquito Authority
Next, door prizes were handed out.
Meeting was adjourned.
Next meeting will be May 14, 2013.