Lewisville-Clemmons Chamber of Commerce
March 12, 2013
Jorge Vidal opened the March general meeting and welcomed chamber members and guests.
A motion was made by John Byrd to accept the minutes from the February meeting. Maggie Moe seconded the motion. All chamber members agreed and the minutes were approved.
Jorge introduced Andy Blair with the Lewisville Civics Club. He spoke about the Fair in the Square event happening in Lewisville on May 4th. He also explained the No Hunger Games that will be a part of their May 4th event. They are addressing two areas of concern: high school students and Second Harvest Food Bank and the need for food donations. For more information on this event, see their website: www.lewisvillecivicclub.com.
Jorge asked the chamber members to e-mail Ginny Chase at the chamber if anyone is interested in volunteering at the chamber booth at the Fair in the Square event, May 4th.
Lori Harvey with Dine by Design Catering spoke briefly about the services her business offers.
Jorge asked chamber members to please RSVP for Business before Hours and Business after Hours events.
Jorge then introduced Chad Setliff with Novant who gave a presentation on the following:
- The Clemmons Medical Center is 30 days away from opening.
- It is located off of I-40 and Harper Road.
- Laura Myers will handle the day to day business at the facility.
- It will have 60 current employees and 40 newly hired employees.
- 40,000 square foot building.
- Services offered will be general surgery, orthopedics, podiatry, digestive health, women/children services.
- Local doctors will have access to Clemmons Medical Center and can send patients to the new facility for further tests or treatment.
- March 20th Business after Hours event, please RSVP.
- March 24th will be open for public tours from 2 – 5 p.m.
- Clemmons Medical Center is a part of Novant Health.
- Welcome feedback from the community.
- World class health-care, easy to use, convenient and affordable.
Jorge thanked Chad for his presentation.
Joanna Lyall, Vice Chair, gave an update on Clemmons Community Day. She listed the different sponsor levels and talked about the activities planned for April 27th. The deadline to sign up to be a sponsor is March 13th. The deadline for signing up for a booth is April 12th.
Jody Peske, Member-at-Large, also spoke about Clemmons Community Day. She mentioned that $100 for a booth is a good and easy way to promote your business. She also said that it is a great event to be a $100 Friend Sponsor. Door prizes would also be welcomed. She talked about the essays students will be writing and the Visa gift cards that PNC Bank has donated. At the March 26th board meeting and April 12th chamber meeting posters will be available to chamber members to display at their businesses to promote Clemmons Community Day.
Claudia Page, VP of Meetings and Events talked about upcoming events: Clemmons Medical Center, Business after Hours on March 20th, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.; New Town Bistro, Business before Hours on April 3rd from 7:30 – 9:00 am. She said that there are several open dates to host a chamber event and to contact her to sign-up. Claudia also spoke about Tanglewood Dog Park and the grand opening event on May 5th. The chamber will have a booth there. She will have flyers at the next chamber meeting to promote the opening of the Tanglewood Dog Park. She also asked chamber members to please RSVP for chamber events.
Next, Dana Bryson, VP of Economic Development gave a presentation on the economic development in this area. Her information can be found on our website at: www.lewisville-clemmons.com. Please look under the tab News/Chamber News.
Jorge thanked the Vice Presidents for their reports.
One Minute Commercials were made by the following businesses:
- Tina Stearns with Hospice and Palliative Care Center
- Cynthia with Costco
- Teresa Lindsay with Lindsay and Gardner
- Don Timmons with Arts for Life
- Alice Bess with Muddy River Art Association
- Shea Crutchfield with The Mosquito Authority
- Dan Santarelli with Modern Toyota
Next, door prizes were handed out.
Meeting was adjourned.
Next meeting will be April 9, 2013.