Lewisville-Clemmons Chamber of Commerce
January 8, 2013
Jorge Vidal opened the January general meeting and welcomed everyone. He then introduced new chamber member, Meggan Lambiris with My Life Saver. Jorge also mentioned new member, Justin Campbell with Damage, Inc.
Next, a motion was made by Claudia Page to accept the minutes from the December meeting. Maggie Moe seconded. All chamber members agreed.
Jorge then introduced Justin Gomez with the Winston Salem Journal. He gave a presentation on the following:
- The Winston Salem Journal was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway last year.
- They strive to be more local and relevant.
- Founded in 1897.
- The Journal West sees growth in the areas of Lewisville, Clemmons and Davie County.
- Bill Benbow is the Area Account Executive for the newspaper.
- Every Thursday Relish is included in the Winston Salem Journal. It features what is going on this weekend.
- You can find the Winston Salem Journal on social media, Twitter, Facebook and their website www.journalnow.com.
- Community issues are important.
- They want to be a part of the community and involved.
Jorge thanked Justin for his presentation and introduced Teresa Lindsay with Lindsay and Gardner. Teresa gave a brief presentation on tax tips. She mentioned that additional tax tips can be found on their website at: www.lindsay-gardnercpas.com.
Jorge thanked Teresa for her tax information presentation.
Next, Dana Bryson, VP of Economic Development gave a presentation on the economic development in this area. Her information can be found on our website at: www.lewisville-clemmons.com. Please look under the tab News/Chamber News.
Zachary Manning, VP of Membership spoke next about the membership survey he would like the chamber members to fill out.
Jorge thanked Dana and Zachary for their information. He then reminded chamber members to sign up for the Welcome Bag Program and to please see Ginny if you have questions.
Next, door prizes were handed out.
One Minute Commercials were made by the following businesses:
- Paul Johnson – ING Financial Services
- Dana Bryson – Village Inn Event Center
- Tim Ebert – Ebert Financial Services
- Tom Luebchow – AFLAC
Introductions were made by meeting attendees.
Meeting was adjourned.
Next meeting will be February 12, 2013.