Lewisville-Clemmons Chamber of Commerce
November 13, 2012
Jody opened the November General Meeting and welcomed everyone for attending. She then made introductions of Kristin Johnson, Director of Broyhill Office Suites, and Ginny Chase, Administrative Assistant for the Lewisville Clemmons Chamber of Commerce.
A motion was made by Maggie Moe to accept the minutes from the October meeting. Claudia Page seconded. All chamber members agreed.
Joanna Lyall then briefly spoke about the Lewisville Health Fair.
Claudia Page talked about the Business after Hours happening tonight from 5-7 pm at The Portrait Gallery. Food will be provided by Simply Southern and Claudia will be taking complimentary photos. She also spoke about the December 11th meeting and bringing gift card donations for the Make-a-Wish Foundation. Claudia also said that the January and February 2013 Chamber meetings have spotlight speakers.
Jody then introduced Kelly Rupocinski with Costco who gave a presentation on the following:
- · Costco was the first warehouse store
- · They do not advertise
- · They are not an “everything” store
- · Try to be fair with a 15% mark-up
- · Various products and services Costco offers
- · Membership levels and American Express Card program
- · Coupon books
- · The Weekend Shopping Event November 30-December 2, 2012
- · Costco website information
Jody next spoke about the open board positions for the upcoming 2013 year. She asked everyone to vote and reminded everyone about one vote per business.
She then spoke about the annual membership awards and the voting for those awards.
Next, there was discussion on the new resident bags and how important they are to the new residents.
Jody then spoke about the website for Lewisville-Clemmons Chamber and what members can add to their business listing by adding a photo or company logo.
One Minute Commercials were made by the following businesses:
- · Don Timmons with Arts for Life – Tanglewood Park Festival of Lights on “Wheels” Friday, November 16, 2012
- · Janie Minton – new magazine coming out in Clemmons with community events
- · Winston Salem Journal, Justin Gomez and Bill Benbow on “Journal West” starting November 14, 2012 and the reception being held at the WinMock to promote the new paper
- · Dr. Susan Sykes with Advance Chiropractic and Health Center spoke about the services they offer
Next Jody and Claudia did the 50/50 drawing to benefit the dog park in Tanglewood. It will begin construction in January.
Dan Lounsbury with N2 Publishing spoke about Education Events . John Golden spoke on Lead Group Meetings with Community Connections.
Jody then handed out door prizes and introductions were made by meeting attendees.
Meeting was adjourned.
Next meeting will be December 11, 2012